Wednesday 13 April 2011

back...and silent

So I landed in Romania. After, we obviously didn`t sleep, because an early flight at around 7 am, had us leaving the house at 4 am (4 am is still too early to go to bed for me and Bolo). This was the first uneventful tip to/from Manchester. I fell asleep in Munich airport on some chairs while watching the first Harry Potter film (I think I saw it in 5 parts, always falling alseep during the course of several days). Being home, I slept like a freak during the first day, and then I got back to my usual schedule.

Up until now, Romania seems to be welcoming me back. First night out, I went out with some very good friends. They took us to a place we hadn`t been before - it was this boring restaurant, where they played live Romanian music and whatnot. The singers looked like they were about to die on stage. The upside of the evening was me and Liana deciding to sing a couple of songs. We were almost booed off the stage, if it hadn`t been for Bolo saving us (she can kind of sing pretty well). In the end, we won a bottle of complimentary wine...for our awesome performances. It was pretty lame actually, but no one knows me...so..who cares? I met Teo during another night, and then went clubbing in a club in Ploiesti. While it is true that Ploiesti clubs don`t compare to Manchester clubs, we managed to get drunk, and had a lot of fun, despite some fat people dancing around our table. Anyway, getting drunk always helps make things around you look more beautiful. Other than that my social life is just visiting old friends and family, enjoying the pubs and cafes I grew up in and enjoying this mythical space that Ploiesti represents for me.

On the lonely, meditative side of things, I have been fully enjoying the forest near our house, taking long walks with the dogs and thinking about whatnot. Everyday, like clockwork, I take the dogs and sometimes my mom and go out to walk in the woods. Spring is not fully here, so the forest still looks like it`s waiting to burst. After the woods, there`s only one thing to do - go to the river, sit on the banks and throw rocks in the water and play with my dogs. Then a silent cigarette while contemplating the flow of both consciousness and water..then on my way back home...

Apart from that, I dug in the garden. My mom decided she wants a small vegetable garden. So we dug to replace the soil with some high level soil that would enable vegetables to grow. Everything is pretty silent to be honest...and I don`t mind it.

Silence is good..

No comments:

Followers